A future in which Catholic school education is a thriving ministry serving the Diocese of Charleston requires the entire Catholic community of South Carolina to embrace our Catholic schools in the spirit of communion, collaboration, and common mission. From the chancery to the pulpit, to the pew, to the classroom, and to the home, there must be a renewed sense of mission, vision, and stewardship of Catholic education as a vital ministry of the diocese and as essential to ensuring a vibrant future for the Catholic Church in South Carolina. Such a transformation is needed to produce a wider appreciation for the value of a Catholic education; increased advocacy for the growth of our schools from families, teachers, school leaders, and pastors; and a strengthened will on the part of the entire Catholic community to invest in Catholic school education.
Why Catholic education?
- Catholic schools form both the minds and hearts of the young people they serve.
- Academic formation prepares students to meet the demands of higher education.
- Spiritual formation encourages students to live virtuous lives and strengthens them in a daily relationship with Jesus.
- Catholic schools also support the life of faith of their students that is rooted in the domestic church of the family.
- The goal of Catholic schools is to do everything possible to set their students firmly on the path to heaven.